If you want your website to be at the top, you should consider SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practices. SEO is the accumulation of practices aiming to improve your website’s search engine rankings. You have to understand that the majority of search engine users these days are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the search results pages.
If you’re not one of the top 5 suggestions, you’re going to miss out on a lot of organic traffic. With this, your goal should be at the top. Here are some of the best SEO practices that you should consider with some tips that you can use:
Develop quality content
Content is critical in your ranking as long as you have identified the right keyword. In fact, content is the king. You can execute other SEO strategies, but if you cannot generate relevant and quality content, you’re not going to improve your rankings. Here are some tips on generating quality content or wac:
• Spelling and grammar need to be flawless.
• The content should serve a purpose, and it should address solutions.
• Break up your copy using headings, bulleted list, and subheadings.
• Update regularly to be viewed as relevant.
• Keep the readers engaged by attaching relevant images with every post. You can attach optimized photos, videos, charts, infographics, and drawings.
Building linking strategy
If the content is the king, then link building is the queen. Link building is one of the most influential search ranking tactics. Link building is the act of obtaining links from external pages leading back to your website. This will tell the search engines that other websites see your site as credible to use as a source. Here are some tips on building linking strategy:
• Remember to collaborate with high-authority websites that link to your content because they can dramatically improve your rankings. You can consider Entrepreneur and Forbes as a start.
• To acquire external links, you need to create high-quality content.
• Do not collaborate with low-quality sites that link to your content because they will hurt your rankings.
Using LSI keywords
LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) is complicated. You just need to know that it refers to keywords that are found together within a single topic; they are also semantically connected hence the name. Here are some tips on using LSI keywords:
• LSI can include synonyms, words, terms, and phrases. Its main purpose is to add context that will amplify the relevancy of the content.
• LSI must be relevant to your content and audience.
• If you have trouble finding terms and synonyms related to your main keyword, you can use the LSI generator.
Adding social sharing buttons
Sharing buttons can improve your ranking by making it easy to share content and pages on your website. Sharing buttons also increase the chance of people linking to your content. Here are some tips on adding social sharing buttons:
• The placement will depend on different factors. It can vary depending on the design, industry, and audience. You need to consider these factors whenever you put sharing buttons.
• You should put social sharing buttons on landing pages, blog posts, job postings and resources (like infographics and eBooks).